|1) STUDENT SEMINAR - THRUST AREAS
- Management of shared, human and natural resources
- Sustainable Development
- Green Buildings
- Carbon foot-printing
- Climate change & ecosystem
- Human settlements, dwellings design, spatial behaviour
- Ergonomics studies
- Space designing for special groups of people - senior citizens
- Furniture designing, workstation designing, interior designing,
- Low cost technologies for health and sanitation, conservation of
- Entrepreneurship development
- Consumer education, purchase of consumer durables, decision
making patterns, consumer redressal
- Women's empowerment- socio-political participation
- New economic policy and liberalization of the Indian economy
- Training and development in Organizations
|2) SUMMER PLACEMENTS
4-6 week summer placement for students in organizations allied to the areas of specialization.
Some of these organizations are: Wipro, Indian Oil, Ranbaxy, CWEI, TOI, Action Aid, AC
Nielson, TNS India, HUDCO, TERI, NIESBUD, Development alternatives, MNRE, Government
of India, Ministry of Environment and Forests, Government of India, Bureau of Energy Efficiency
(BEE), Ministry of Urban Development and Poverty Alleviation, All India Women's Conference
(AIWC), Development Alternatives, The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI), Energy Auditing
firms, Firms into Green Manufacturing like Maharishi Solar products (NOIDA), Suryaroshini solar
products etc., Sigma Consultants.
Several workshops, conferences, lectures and symposia are organized/ attended by the students in
- Physiological workload and human efficiency
- Workshop on Training and Development
- Workshop on Experiential Learning through Training and
- Workshop on TERI's GRIHA rating for green buildings
- Business Proposal Contest
- Young Entrepreneurs Meet
- Interactive meet on Women Entrepreneurship Development
|Special lectures on topics such as:
- LEED & GRIHA
- Energy Auditing
- Water based Management
- Health & Safety in Built Environment
- Real estate scenario
- Future of LED's & their application for lighting
- Graphic designing
- Landscape architecture
- Handling large research projects
- Corporate Social Responsibility
|4) STUDENT CELLS FOR INDUSTRY COLLABORATION
A) CORPORATE CONNECTIONS
Synergizing with industry to substantiate theoretical knowledge with practical experience.
- Building a strong and long lasting network for RMDA world wide with relevant industries and
- Communicate to the industry the essential components of RMDA.
- Provide a mutually beneficial platform for interaction with the industry in the form of
seminars, placements, dissertations, internship, etc.
B) CAREER AND DEVELOPMENT CELL
To provide guidance to students in career exploration, career awareness and career development.
Capacity building of the RMDA students so as to accustom them with the needs and requirements
of the organizations.